Clutter is stressful, but organizing doesn't have to be.
Today’s guest is Star Hansen, a Certified Professional Organizer that helps her clients create systems and strategies to eliminate chaos, enabling them to focus on what is important and guiding them towards a state of organization and joy. In this episode, you’ll hear from Star as she explains how she looks at the truth beyond the surface, allowing your clutter to show you who you are. She shares what your clutter can say about you, how it can block you from achieving something, and how you could use it more creatively to assist you on your journey if it were better placed. Find out about the method Star uses, the books she recommends, and her advice for stepping more fully into the present in order to let go of the past. You can create a sense of control and empowerment within a chaotic environment, and Star Hansen will show you how! Make sure not to miss this episode.
Key Points From This Episode
- The moment Star realized that her calling was helping people transform chaos into purpose.
- What clutter can say about you; why organizing actually has nothing to do with organizing.
- How clutter can also be a barrier: if you can’t find it, it can’t serve you.
- How your physical clutter is an outward representation of your internal mindset.
- Learn how to recognize what you’re blocking: are you hiding behind your clutter?
- Looking at where it is; clutter on a walkway could indicate an attempt to limit someone coming into your space, for example.
- Find out how your clutter could help you in a creative way if it were better placed.
- Star explains why she believes that your clutter actually holds the keys to your freedom.
- The method she uses with a client to help them move from chaos to order: curiosity.
- Why Star advises that you look for the yes in the mess.
- The importance of taking your time when it comes to family heirlooms versus junk mail.
Star recommends Inbox Zero by Merlin Mann and The Hamster Revolution by Mike Song.
- From deconstructing your past to make space for your future; it’s easier to stress over something small than the big underlying issue.
- Creating a sense of control and empowerment within a chaotic environment.
- How every room in your home can be brainwashing you and how you can change that.
- Allowing yourself to step more fully into the present so it’s safe to let go of the past.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Star Hanson on Twitter
Star Hansen on LinkedIn
Star Hanson on Instagram
Star Hanson on YouTube
’10 Things in 20 Minutes’
The Hamster Revolution
Flameproof: How to Flameproof Your Career and Your Life and Handle Adversity Like a Boss
MOJO Maker for Womxn in Tech on Instagram